Friday, July 25, 2008
Mo: you up late on a friday night.. in a goood mood presumably...
Anon: was in a pathetic mood actually...when im in a good mood, i sleep... when bad, i stay
Mo: hmm.. now what could be a reason to make dearest anon in a pathetic mood.you shoot reasons.. n i'll kill them.
1. getting old
2. too less time at home
3. what to do further in life
4. my boy mearly never beside me
5. sister away
6. depressing world
7. nieces and nephews way smarter
hmm... i honestly request 3 mins for rebuttal.once u complete the reasons.
Anon: hee hee hee
1. omg. you are not old. you have barely spent a 5th of your life. with 4/5th of it on its way with equally ton of fun that you have had uptil now.
2. i understand less time at home.. but thats why man invented phone/web conference. further frm family,, closer you get .. stronger the love. more time you give thm to miss u... better the getting back.
3. Wht to do further in life.. Hmm... 40% of the world population that revolves arnd the 18-25 age bracket.. has no answer to that question. you are not alone .
Anon: dats nice !
4. aww... dun miss ur boy too much.. you got friends arnd... cherish the moments u get with him... enjoy the rest split amongst friends. coz trust me, they miss you a ton, when he's arnd.
5. hmm.. my sister is 9 yrs younger... n not gone married away yet... am sure i'll miss her... but thats acceptabe.. gets u another place to visit with a reason to visit as often as u like!... expandin ur footprint on this earth
6. Now, i really don't like this reason. My world, is my friends, my family. That seriously ain't depressing. and I am sure i speak for you too, when i say they are not depressing at all!!!! then how is ur world depressing... u jus need to think the answer thru.. and u'll contradict urself.
7. Everyone loooks smarter in schoool. i haven't done the amount of work i did in 10th boards ever since. those are days of bein nerd smart... these are the days of bein street smart.
Comments, rebuttals... most welcome. as always.
Monday, July 14, 2008
Ever rolled in your bed for hours at a stretch? Forcing yourself to think in a certain direction, trying to distract yourself from anything and everything? Well, maybe not. Maybe you haven’t faced the need to do so. I hope the need never arises. The only way I feel you can help it is by achieving distraction in the form of something you like. To evaluate what could be keeping you away from sleep might be a good start. From the short afternoon nap, to the evening pinch of caffeine in your Starbucks coffee anything could trigger a sleepless night. Stress about upcoming work or fear of facing tomorrow could also push your dream world away. Once recognized, however, the most difficult part becomes to submerge yourself completely into a different thought. People usually play an important role when it comes to doing so. Memories of family and friends is what one tends to dig in to find solace far from the recurring bothersome thought, whatever that may be. Memories related to a close one however can further deter sleep when refreshed about every waking moment spent with that person.
I lied earlier in my assumption that you may not have had the need to face a sleepless night. In my experience, the more you mature, the more you come to grips with life, the faster it throws a sleepless night your way. If I am correct, then this piece is written to simply explain the fact that everyone around you is undergoing or has undergone the same feeling as you due to one aspect or another of their life. The solution to it does not have to be sleeping pills or other drug induction but a simple acceptance of the reality, a walk through the childhood years where the concept of a sleepless night might have sounded funny to us. Maturing further to not let the tension grip you, not let anything dissuade you and remember the time you slept in your loved ones arms (mother, soul mate) without a worry in the world.
To avoid the recurrence of sleepless nights, one can also immerse themselves in a completely packed day. Getting involved in things you like to not leave the smallest window of idle mind between sunrise and sunset though daunting can promise you peace of mind and body and bring you a night of dreams just as that of a new born baby.
I know it must all sound as easier said than done, which is why I am writing this piece on one of my sleepless nights. Doing something that I like, writing…